Ice Fishing & Canadian Shore Lunch
Nothing says winter in Canada like a toasty, warm ice fishing shanty. Spend a day catching fish and telling fishing tales during a fun filled day on the ice, complete with a traditional shore lunch prepared by Chef Scott.
No fishing experience? No problem! No gear? No problem! No fishing license?
We've got you covered! All you have to do is hop in the van and take off for a fun filled day on the ice! Getting to our hut is half the fun as you travel in a vintage 1940's bombardier snow bus. We can't guarantee you'll catch fish, but you will get to enjoy some, as Chef Scott prepares a traditional shore lunch of homemade bread, panned roasted potatoes, baked beans, fresh fish baked and fried and a few gourmet surprises including local Ontario cheeses - charcuterie and pate. If you do hook, line and sinker a catch, you're welcome to take it home!
Your guide will meet you next in front of the main gates into the Distillery District. Along the way, you will enjoy a complimentary grab and go breakfast.
Once you arrive at your ice fishing destination you’ll be outfitted with your gear and get your fishing license before hoping into a vintage 1940's bombardier snow bus to head out to a 4-person heated shanty. Complimentary beverages and snacks are provided in your shanty. You will be given a brief tutorial and you will have a couple of hours to hone your fishing skills while Chef Scott prepares a gourmet Canadian Shore lunch. After lunch, you are welcome to continue fishing or relax with friends old and new.
Just before sunset, after spending a beautiful day in the great outdoors, you'll head back to the city.
The tour includes all preselected food, and beverages.
- Try your hand at a true Canadian pass-time.
- Led by a local culinary professional.
- Enjoy an authentic gourmet Canadian Shore lunch.
- A heated, 4-man ice fishing shanty.
- Transportation from shore to shanty in a vintage 1940's bombardier snow bus.
- Fish for Pickerel, Perch, Pike and White fish.
- A great experience for locals & tourists alike.
- Sunday, January 07, 2018
- Sunday, February 11, 2018
- Sunday, March 04, 2018
*This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
Duration: 8:30am - 6:00pm
- Full day guided small-group tour with transportation to & from Toronto.
- Morning coffee, grab and go breakfast, shore lunch, snacks and beverages.
- Taxes & gratuities (Tour guide gratuities are graciously accepted at your discretion).
Meeting location: 65 Front Street, Toronto
Need to know:
- No experience necessary.
- Dress in layers - easy to remove and add clothing as needed. Please bring a winter hat or toque, gloves or mittens, warm boots, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
- Vegetarian options available on request.
- Vegan & Gluten free options may be available for a small surcharge. Please inquire when you reserve your tour time.
- Please advise of food allergies or dietary restrictions when you reserve your tour time.
Whether you are looking to try ice fishing for the first time or for fun things to do in Toronto in winter, this Ice Fishing & Canadian Shore Lunch is the perfect catch and is a great gift for any fisherman.
The Ice Fishing & Canadian Shore Lunch experience takes place at Toronto, Ontario. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience